Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fishing with the HSV Anglers' Club

On Friday, , 23-OCT, I (Bob) fished in a tournament with the HSV Anglers' Club; Dallas Middlekauff was my partner and we fished from his boat. We have tournaments about twice/month during the "warmer" months. However, Friday was not one of those warmer or nicer days. The temperature was about 50F and the wind was 5-15 mph; a pretty blustery day to be on the water.

In spite of the lousy weather, I had an OK fishing day. I caught a largemouth bass that weighed about 2.5 lbs and a striper that probably weighed 8-10 lbs. The striper was especially fun to catch since I was using lightweight fishing tackle. He fought hard and took more than 5 minutes to get into the boat.
I also won the "big bass of the day" prize for my largemouth bass. What a surprise!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great catch! Uncle Bobby looks COLD!!!!