Thursday, November 25, 2010

Spa 5K/10K Hot Springs, AR

On Saturday, Rosie and I drove to Hot Springs, AR, to run in the Spa 5K/10K. We were joined by our HSV friends Bob and Ana MacKendrick. Rosie and Ana ran/walked the 5K; Bob M. and I ran the 10K (~6.1 miles). The four of us are staying warm inside before the race begins.
Rosie and Ana are waiting at the starting line for the race to begin. It was a cool morning - in the 40'sF.
Bob and I are headed toward the finish line. I typically speed up when the finish line gets close; I want to get the "pain" over with.

Thanks to Bob pushing me so hard, I had a personal best for the 10K with a time of 8:17/mile. I'm not speedy. I came in 1st in my age group (60-64) and got a medal; I was so surprised. Rosie came in third in her division without even trying. Maybe next year she'll train...
Rosie, Bob and I are picking up some snacks after the race.

No comments: