Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fish Tales!

I managed to get in two days of fishing this week - Yahoo! On Wednesday, I fished as a co-angler in the HSV Anglers Club tournament on Lake Balboa (in HSV). My fishing partner was Dick Paulsen. I won second place in the co-angler division (worth $8.00), and Dick and I won the boat prize - based on total weight of angler's and co-angler's fish (another $5.00 each!). With winnings like that, I should retire! Hey wait - I'm already retired.

Here's a picture of the winning group. From the right: 1st, 2nd, 3rd angler, 1st, 2nd, 3rd co-angler and boat prize winner. My partner, Dick Paulsen, is on the far right.On Friday, Rosie and I went to Lake Granada in the morning to do a little fishing. We were almost ready to go home when Rosie tied into a nice bass. He did a lot of running and she did a whole lot of reeling. She even got the handle of her reel tangled in her life jacket. We thought the fish had gotten off while we were getting her untangled, but he was still there. She finally landed a nice 17" bass.We went home for lunch and then took the boat over to Lake Balboa for some afternoon fishing. We didn't have much luck, but we did get to see the tornado damage on the lake shoreline and run the boat up and down the lake. And, as the saying goes, "A bad day of fishing beats a good day of working."

No comments: