Trout Fishing On the Little Red River
On Saturday, June 18th, Rosie and I drove to Heber Springs, AR, with Delma and Wayne Jensen and Delmadge Pharr (Delma's dad). Heber Springs is near Greers Ferry Lake which is created by a dam on the Little Red River. Below the dam the river water is cold (56F max according to Rosie who reads ALL the information) and a good place to trout fish. Trout had been released into the river the day before, so we arrived at a great time to trout fish.
We parked at a spot next to the river and also near the Trout Fish Hatchery. While Delmadge, Wayne and I were fishing, Delma and Rosie went for a walk around the area. However, let's get to the good part first - the FISHING.
Delmadge has two poles in the water and is ready. He caught several trout and had a good day of fishing. He's holding one fish and you can see two others on the stringer in the water. As you can tell, our trout weren't huge.
This was my first time to fish for trout. We basically used a Carolina bass fishing rig but with a smaller hook and trout bait (I think our bait was called Power Bait; the color was yellow). I caught my limit of 5 in a little over an hour. None were really big but they were fun to catch.
After her walk, Delma enjoyed relaxing with her I-Phone while Wayne fished.
The river was beautiful and there were quite a few fishermen/women trying their luck with the trout.
Rosie also got a picture of a great blue heron that flew up and down the river several times.
After I finished fishing, Rosie and I walked over to the Trout Hatchery and the small stream that ran through the park. Here are some pictures of the stream. The flowing water was pretty and noisy with all the small waterfalls.
Here's Rosie enjoying the stream.
After we all finished fishing, we packed up our gear and drove to Cafe Klaser, a local restaurant for lunch. Wayne and Delma had been here before and recommended it. The food was excellent and there was a great view out the back. Here are four of us (me, Delmadge, Delma and Wayne) stretching after lunch.
After lunch we drove back to the Village to conclude a fun day. Thanks, Delma and Wayne, for planning our trip to Heber Springs, AR. We had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment