The first thing we did at Dole was ride the train.
Adam and Lottie are ready to go!
The train drove us by some pineapple fields. We saw some small pineapples. Can you see them? Look close!
I got a chance to get my picture taken looking like Mr. Pineapple. Flattering eh?
We also took the time to get some Dole Whip. It was tasty. Lottie enjoyed her Dole Whip.
After we finished our Dole Whip, we hopped into the car and headed over to an old sugar mill that's been converted into several local craft shops and stores plus a farmers' market. Lottie and Adam enjoyed sitting on this large gear (or at least that's what we're calling it).
Next, we had lunch at Haleiwa Joe's. Amy's Dad, Jack, took us all there before Chris and Amy's wedding. The food was still very good. Amy and the kids posed next to the historic bridge near the restaurant.
We couldn't leave this area without stopping at Aoki's for some shaved ice. Wow, was it good and refreshing! The line to get shaved ice was out the door. I know it's a small place but that tells you just how good the place really is. I wonder if they ship to the mainland?
We had another fun-filled day. I think we all slept well that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment